Friday 5 February 2010

Imelda...

I meant to write this up here along time ago but have been to tired or drunk after work to be bothered to do so. Anyway on the 27th of Jan I hobbled down to the 100 club to see Imelda May. Usually I am not the biggest fan of Rockabilly, but she is really something special! Big Boy Bloater warmed everyone up by playing some ace R&B and Blues covers, including getting everyone messily singing along to "Mojo Working" and then Imelda took the stage, going through all of her big tunes like "Love Tattoo" and "Big Bad Handsome Man". The best showcase for her voice was slower tunes suck as "Knock 123", which is much more of a soul ballad - top stuff! Unfortunately she didn't do her version of "Voodoo Working" but I enjoyed every tune, plus she is fucking stunning!

That is two artists on my list crossed off, now just gotta see Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings (just announced a European tour?) and the Five Aces. Sweet!

And now for something mildly amusing, me on a fashion blog, ho ho ho:

Writing all of this while listening to the best:


No comments:

Post a Comment